American Augers Employment info and Human Resources Contact
Territory Sales Manager (based in Western US)
Primary Function: Design and improve microcontroller programming for the complete line of American Augers equipment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conform to the standards and processes of the company
- Understand the objectives before you begin a project.
- Develop the necessary programming and design work related to existing product modifications as required per customer or company requirements.
- Maintain organized documentation sufficient to allow others to understand the status of a project, the logic of a program, and all necessary information relevant to manufacturing, customer service, and purchasing.
- Provide troubleshooting support to the shop floor as needed.
- Be involved in testing new products to provide support as necessary to ensure proper control system functionality.
- Prepare program revisions and coordinate properly with Customer Service to ensure clean implementation into customers’ equipment.
- Provide technical assistance to dealers and service techs to ensure that they are using the tools properly.
- Provide complete and understandable training for service technicians to ensure that they can provide service and do their job without needing to call you or fly you to a jobsite.
- Keep the engineering Project Manager informed about the status of your project(s).
- Keep the other programmers informed about the status of all programming related information so that they can be your substitute if necessary.
- Participate in component selection as needed.
- Pretest all programs using the test equipment in the Engineering office.
- Allow other programmers to review your programs before implementation.
- 4 year Engineering degree or 2 year associates degree with proven work experience
- Proficiency in CAD software is required.
- Positive attitude and a sense of teamwork
TERRITORY SALES MANAGER (based in the Western US)
Primary responsibility is to solicit new business and service existing customers via telephone and in person within assigned territory.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepares quotes, contracts and RFP/RFI responses for potential customers
- Maintains all quote documentation with accurate pricing and configurations
- Maintaining up-to-date awareness of company activities and industry trends
- Develops and delivers sales presentations in a professional and effective manner
- Develop and grow assigned customers and new customers as required to achieve budget/plan to support the strategic growth plan of the Company.
- Follow-up on leads received by the main office or generated via advertising
- Actively cold-calls on related business
- Able to proficiently demonstrate products and is factory trained and in skilled in their use.
- Searches out new business and expansion of existing business within assigned territory
- Develop lead generating network of manufacturer’s reps, service personnel, word-of-mouth, etc.
- Arranges for financing (if necessary) of sales
- Finalizes the sale in every detail
- Communicate customer issues and feedback to appropriate individuals using
established communication channels
- Maintain knowledge of competitor’s pricing, policies and market strategy to effectively deal with business competition
- Develop relationships within the territory that promote equipment sales.
- Recommend and provide customers with the product(s) that best suit their needs.
- Attend local or regional trade events to gather market intelligence from customers, competitors and vendors
- Understand and manage relevant reporting or management and financial information for the sales and marketing departments
Knowledge & Skills:
- Basic understanding of American Augers equipment and technology
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to calculate and articulate pricing and gross profit multipliers, margin return and mark-up, and sales increase needed to offset a GP% decline
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative relationships with those contacted during the course of work
- 4 year degree required and/or extensive background in sales and marketing within the industry
- Minimum of 5 years of sales experience; demonstrated success at achieving genuine sales development preferred
- Proficient in MS Office software, especially MS Excel
- Excellent face-to-face and telephone communication skills
- Well developed presentation skills
- Excellent customer relations skills
- Availability to travel at least 50% of the time
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Company, in its discretion, may find appropriate and acceptable
To apply for these positions, send resume and salary requirements
to: Sharon Oliver, Human Resources Manager
American Augers offers a competitive benefits package as part of our commitment to our full-time employees. Benefits include the following:
- Medical Insurance
- Prescription Drug Program
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance (company paid)
- Supplemental Life Insurance Option
- Short-term Disability Insurance (company paid)
- Long-term Disability Insurance (company paid)
- Supplemental Long-term Disability Insurance Option
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match
- Paid Days Off
- Paid Holidays (8)
- Educational Assistance
- Wellness Programs
- Employee Assistance Program